Android Collaboration Mobile App Guide - English
Jul 03, 2022 03:18
Wildix Collaboration Mobile application provides access to Wildix Unified Communications from an Android mobile device.
Android Collaboration Version: 5.06.07
To check the current version, go to Android changelog: https://www.wildix.com/new-releases-and-updates/collaboration-android-app-changelog/
Updated: June 2022
- Appendix 1: Sync of enterprise phonebooks with WildixDAV
- Appendix 2: Monitoring of colleagues and features with Function keys
- Appendix 3: Advanced Settings
- Appendix 4: Integration with intercoms
Before using the app
To use this application, you must be a user of a Wildix system and have fast internet connection that doesn’t block VoIP traffic.
Ports to open: Ports used by Wildix services
Use of App outside the office network: the first time you make a login from the local network, the PBX sends the settings of the public network to the application (the same for connection from the public IP). The app tries to connect using the first IP and if it fails, it moves to the second one, thus ensuring the connection both when you are in or outside the office network.
- WMS version 4.0X or higher
- Android OS: 5.0 or higher starting from Android app version 5.00.26 (Android 4.0 is still compatible with version lower than 5.00.26)
Thanks to push notifications, the app no longer needs to run all the time as it automatically disconnects from SIP / Presence server in background which helps to improve battery usage. If you receive a call / a chat, the app sends you a notification, even in case it was closed.
Read about push notification: https://blog.wildix.com/en/what-is-push-notification-for-mobile-apps/.
Use your Collaboration credentials to access the mobile application:
- Domain: enter PBX IP or domain name
User name: Extension / User name / Email address
Password: WEB password of user for access to Collaboration
Two-factor authentication (2FA)
It it possible to use 2FA authentication for login. The option can be enabled in Collaboration -> Settings -> Personal.
Detailed information can be found in Collaboration User Guide.
1 - Contacts
2 - Call history
3 - Dialpad / Function Keys/ Active call
4 - Chat
5 - Settings
Tap status icon / user picture
Select user status: DND / Away / Offline / Online
Enter your status message and select until date and time (optional)
- Tap the Tick icon to apply changes
Note: for DND / Away it is possible to set up expiry time, after which your status passes to online.
Note: offline status is available only for mobile apps and it allows you to disconnect from Presence and VoIP servers; when in Offline status, you do not receive push notifications at all.
Find a contact
Thanks to support of live search from PBX, there is no need to sync your enterprise (PBX) phonebooks anymore. You can use real-time search in phonebooks to place calls. Your local contacts from the device’s phonebook also appear in live search results.
Place a call from Dialpad
Select the mode to place a call:
VoIP: place a call via the PBX (recommended in case you have fast and reliable Internet connection)
Callback: you receive a callback from the PBX via Mobile network (make sure your mobile number is indicated in Settings -> Personal)
Direct Call: place a call via Mobile network
- Wildix devices registered to your account (WP phone, Vision/ SuperVision, W-AIR handset/ headset etc): select a device from the list
Start entering user’s name or number / extension in the Search field to find a user / a contact
Tap on a user / a contact you wish to call. Select number/ extension to place a call
Enter the number using Dialpad
Tap the green Handset button
From Function keys
Tap Dialpad and select Function keys to switch to Function keys menu
Tap on a function key you wish to call
Select Call from the drop-down list
From Enterprise Contacts
- Tap on contact you wish to call
- Choose the number you wish to call
From History/ Voicemail/ Call group
Go to History (All or Missed tab)/ Voicemail/ Call groups
Tap on a user/ a voicemail message
Select Call from the drop-down list:
- Open a chat session with a user
- Tap Handset button
- The call is placed automatically
It is also possible to call phone numbers from chat if they start with + and have a length between 7 and 18 digits.
Note: Android Collaboration app supports receiving Call me back messages (currently, it is impossible to send them via the app).
To place a call, just tap Call me back.
From your device’s contacts
Tap a contact in your Android contacts
Tap a phone number that you wish to call
Support of URI for call generation
Thanks to URI support it is possible to generate a call by clicking on a link containing a phone number. It allows you to start calls from a browser using Wildix application.
<a href="tel:[phone number]">
<a href="callto:[phone number]">
where [phone_number] parameter can also start with “+”;
To generate a call from a browser:
Tap on a phone number you wish to call
Select Wildix from the drop-down list
Answer a call
Starting from Android App version 4.14.30, VoIP calls have the same priority as Mobile calls: you can receive a VoIP call during an active Mobile call (before this version Mobile calls had priority over VoIP calls).
Swipe the green Handset button left to answer
Swipe the red Handset button right to decline
Pick up a call of another user / a call group
Note: only users with certain permissions can pick up calls; to enable the option, the PBX admin must add ACL ability"Can" - "Call Pickup". Detailed information: ACL rules and Call classes management - Admin Guide.
You can pick up a call of another user / a call group in case it cannot be answered
Go to Function keys menu
Tap on a user / a call group who are receiving an incoming call
Choose Pickup from the drop-down list
During a call you can navigate your device, open the App and tap Active call to come back to the call.
1 - Mute
2 - Video
3 - Hold
4 - Transfer. Select the needed option from the list: Contact (choose a contact from Contacts)/ Number (dial a number you wish to call from Dialpad)/ Function key (select FK to transfer the call)
5 - Record a call
6 - Speakerphone
7 - Conference (in case there is more than one active call)
8 - Hang up
9 - DTMF
10 - Switch back to Dialpad/ Function keys tabs to make a new call
(transfer without notification)
Tap Transfer button during a call
Tap Contact to select a number from the phonebook or Number to manually enter the number
Select a contact and tap the number / enter the number and tap the green Handset button
(transfer with notification)
Tap New call button during a call
Make a new call (select a contact from Contacts or dial the number manually)
Wait till the other party answers (the previous call is now on hold)
Tap Transfer button and select the call on hold to complete the transfer
Switch between 2 active calls
- To switch between 2 active calls, swipe left/ right
- The second call is put on hold
Control of active calls on other devices and Call continuity
Control of active calls on other devices
The feature allows you to view and control your own active calls on other devices registered to your account. You can hold/ resume, record, hang up a call as well as send DTMF.
With the help of Call continuity it is possible to pass your active calls on other devices to Android or another specific device:
To pass an active call to Android Collaboration app:
- Tap Call continuity button
- A call is automatically picked up on Android
To pass an active call to a specific device:
- Tap and hold Call continuity button
- Select a device from the list
- A call is automatically picked up on the selected device
Note: to use mobile continuity, make sure that Dialplan rule "pbxfeatures (Features codes dialplan)" is added to "Included procedures" of the Dialplan used for managing calls.
Note: in case there is no need to monitor active calls or use Call continuity, you can switch back to Dialpad/ Function keys tabs.
All the colleagues added to your roster appear in Chat menu.
Use the search field to find a user
Tap a user and enter your message
Tap Paper plane icon to send the message
You can also open a chat from live search results and History.
Note: unread messages are indicated with a message separator (a blue undulated line).
View contact information and additional user details
- Tap Details button (three dots) to view user's mobile number, email address (available only if it was added via Collaboration or WMS). In case this information is specified, you can place a call, send SMS or write email via external applications installed on your device
- Tap on user name to view full user status, active call info, location on map
Note: contact information is also available in History.
Send a File / an Image / a Post-It
Send a file / an image:
Start a chat with a user
Select the source:
Photo & Video Library
You can select a specific album from Photo & Video Library on your phone and select files to be sent:
Note: the maximum file size to be sent is 100Mb.
Send a Post-It
Start a chat with a user
Write your message
Select the option Send as Post-It
Send a voice recording
- Start a chat with a user
- Press and hold Microphone icon to record a message
- After you finish, release to send
To cancel voice recording without sending, slide left.
- Select chats you would like to delete by holding them
- Tap Trash icon to delete
Participate in Wizyconf videoconference
Important: for access to video conferencing service on Android devices, use Google Chrome browser or install Wizyconf Android App.
To participate in Wizyconf videoconference:
- Open a chat session with a user that sent you an invitation
- Tap on the invitation
- Select Join to enter the conference room or Call to access the conference in audio-only mode. Follow Wizyconf Videoconference User Guide for details
- To enter the room via the App, tap Join this meeting using the App (if you don't have the app installed, select Download the App). You can still access via a web browser by selecting Launch in web:
Upon the first access via the App, you need to enter your name, the conference ID is already present, then tap Join:
When you are inside the conference, you can adjust different settings by tapping on Three dots icon: enter tile view, raise your hand and send a reaction etc:
- To leave the conference room, tap the red handset icon
- It is not possible to create a new conference room from Android app, it is only possible to enter a conference if you were invited
- DND status "in conference" is removed after the conference is finished, but is not removed automatically after closing tab with conference
- Camera (rear / front) and microphone names are not displayed if joining via web
- Impossible to switch between front and rear camera after entering a conference if joining via web
Multiuser group chat
Available starting from Android App version 4.10.19 and WMS version 4.03.44817.02.
Multiuser cloud-stored group chats with possibility to add up to 500 participants and send pictures/ files.
- not available for PBXs with LifeTime/ Per Service licenses
- no more than 100 group chats can be received from the server
Create a group chat
- Tap +
Specify the group name and tap Done
Tap Done to finish
Add / remove participants
Note: you cannot remove yourself.
Open the group chat management section by tapping on its name.
To add a participant: start typing a participant's name/ extension number in the search field, tick to add
To remove a participant: untick a participant or tap on a participant with indicated x icon
Tap Done to save changes
Leave the group chat:
Note: it is only possible to leave a group chat via the app. To close it completely, a group chat manager needs to remove in Collaboration.
All the participants including the owner can leave a group chat:
- Select a group chat you would like to delete by holding it
Tap Trash icon to leave
Tap History to access the log of calls and voicemails:
- Incoming, outgoing and missed calls (highlighted in red) are displayed in All tab. In order to view only missed calls, tap Missed tab
- To view voicemail messages, tap Voicemail tab
- To view missed calls notifications for specific Call groups (Call Group notifications manager feature, tap Call groups tab
Tap the double Arrowhead icon to view user contact details and a call log:
Archive / Delete calls
Tap on a user to display the drop-down list
Tap Archive if you want to archive a call
Tap Delete if you want to delete a call
Note: in case the call log is empty, make sure that:
backend for CDR is enabled in WMS Settings -> PBX -> CDR
ACL group of your user does not have restriction “Cannot use” -> “History”
- Tap Voicemail tab
- To download a voicemail message, tap
- To playback a voicemail message, tap Play button
- Tap on a voicemail message to display the drop-down list: Call a user who left a message, Mark as read or Delete it
- Select one or multiple Voicemails
- Click Mark as read or Delete icon
Call Group notification manager
Starting from the App version 5.05.07, it is possible to view missed calls notifications for specific Call groups by using Call Group notification manager feature.
Check the documentation How to set up the Call Group notifications manager feature for details.
Account: login window
Personal: contact details
Contact center: dynamically log into Call groups
Note: This option is available for WMS v 5.04.20211108.3 or higher.
Sign-On: enable this option and select Call groups in the Groups section below, to dynamically log into them
- Unavailable on away / dnd: This option auto-pauses you in all Call groups when your status changes to Away/ DND
Groups: here you can see the list of all Call groups, both the CGs you’ve been statically added to (the toggle is greyed, the status cannot be changed on this page, only via WMS), and CGs you can choose to answer for
Ringtone: change the default Wildix ringtone to one of your device’s ringtones
Features by call class (Internal, External, Blacklist, Whitelist):
Activate class: available for External / Blacklist / Whitelist (activates the class)
Call reject: if enabled, you do not receive incoming calls
Call Forward Busy: tap the Toggle button and enter the number or VOICEMAIL, to enable call forwarding when busy on the phone
Call Forward No Answer: tap the Toggle button and enter the number or VOICEMAIL, to enable call forwarding in case of no answer
Call Forward All: tap the Toggle button and enter the number or VOICEMAIL, to enable the forwarding of all the incoming calls
Call waiting: enable to be able to receive more than one call at a time
Mobility with timeout: if enabled, you receive incoming calls to your mobile number after the specified timeout; mobile number must be configured in Collaboration Mobile app Settings -> Personal
Install WildixDAV (optional): sync your enterprise phonebooks
Note: The option is disabled for Android 10 phones. You can use a 3rd party CardDAV sync tool (Open Sync, DAVx⁵ and DAVdroid) instead.
The apps are available by the following links:
Read Appendix 1: Sync of enterprise phonebooks with WildixDAV for more information.
Advanced: access and change these settings only if needed. More information on Advanced Settings in Appendix 3: Advanced Settings
About: info about App version and developer
Exit: quit the app
Change user picture
- Tap user picture to change the current profile photo
Take a new one or choose the already existing photo
Tap the Log out icon