Outlook integration for Microsoft Windows
May 20, 2022 10:03
Outlook integration supports: Calendar Sync, Presence, User pictures, Click2call, IM, Call popup, Caller name lookup, live search in Outlook contacts, URL to create / edit contact during an incoming call.
Updated: April 2022
- Calendar Sync
- Presence and user pictures
- Click2call and IM
- Call popup
- Caller name lookup and live search in Outlook contacts
- URL to create / edit a contact during an incoming call
Additionally: Outlook contacts Import (Download the application for your Windows system type from Google Drive: LINK).
- Wildix Collaboration
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10 (64-bit)
- MS Office 2007 or higher
- User License: UC-BUSINESS per each user
For Calendar Sync:
- Min. Outlook version: 2013
Note: Starting from WMS 5.03, it is possibly to sync calendars and update users statuses automatically, without Outlook. Consult the Guide Microsoft 365 Integration Guide for details.
- Enable .NET Framework 3.5 (Control Panel -> Programs -> Windows Components) and make sure that .NET Framework 4.7 is installed
(on Windows 10 .NET Framework 3.5 is automatically enabled during the installation)
Make sure that Wildix Outlook Integration is active in Outlook Options -> Add-ins. To add Wildix to Add-Ins:
- Go to File -> Options:
- Go to Add-Ins and select Wildix Outlook Integration -> click Ok to save the changes:
For other features:
- Min. Outlook version: 2016
- Office Pro Plus 2016 or Office Standard 2016 + Skype for Business (make sure Skype is not running, since Microsoft accepts only one source for presence)
Current limitation: Android Collaboration App vs Outlook Calendar
- It is not recommended to enable option “User status when talking on mobile” on Android Collaboration App (Advanced Settings) in case of using Outlook Calendar Integration: after completing a mobile call, user status might not be able to go back to its previous state due to the Outlook Calendar sync, and might remain incorrect.
Outlook integration is part of the WIService starting from WIService v. 3.5.1. So, to enable Outlook integration, WIService should be installed:
- Go Collaboration Settings -> Extensions -> install Integration service:
Activate Outlook Integration
Once WIService is installed, you need to activate Outlook integration in WIService settings:
- Go to Quick Launch Toolbar -> right-click on Wildix Integration Service icon -> select Settings
- Activate the option Enable Outlook Integration:
- After the activation, Wildix Outlook Integration is available in Outlook Calendar:
- click Settings to choose calendars to be synced with Collaboration
- click About to check the integration version and open logs if needed
Watch Wildix Products Video Tutorials, Outlook Integration.
Enable Outlook calendar sync
Go to Collaboration Settings -> Outlook (the tab appears after the integration is installed) and click the toggle switch Enable calendar sync:
Note: The calendar sync can take up to 10 minutes after you enable it.
Important: Starting from WMS 5.04.20211228.2, in case Microsoft365 integration is enabled in WMS -> Settings -> PBX -> Integrations, Microsoft365 integration has higher priority, Collaboration syncs with Outlook Cloud, and the Outlook tab is replaced with Microsoft365 in Collaboration Settings.
Documentation: Microsoft 365 Integration Guide
The following features are supported:
- Sync of your presence status in Collaboration with Outlook calendar event status
- Sync of upcoming events from Outlook calendar
- Outlook calendar working hours sync with Collaboration
Click the Calendar icon to see the upcoming events from your Outlook calendar:
- Status mapping: allows you to set the corresponding Wildix Collaboration status for each Outlook calendar status; additionally you can enable / disable the status message
- Publish working hours: enables sync of working hours from Outlook calendar with Wildix Collaboration; additionally you can select the Wildix Collaboration status displayed when you are out of office and enter the status message
- Hide status message of private events: enable if you don’t want status message of private events to be displayed as your status message of Wildix Collaboration
- Popup: allows you to open Outlook upon receiving or placing a call:
- On-click (Incoming/ Outgoing call): click the link to open the app
- Ringing (Incoming call): the app opens upon receiving a call (when call is in “ringing” state)
- Call generation (Outgoing call): the app opens upon placing a call (when call is in “ringing” state)
- Answer (Incoming/ Outgoing call): the app opens right after a call is answered